Hunset Engine works number 2607 was ex-works from Hunslet Engine on 1/6/1942 to the War Department. Again, where it worked or if it was used at all is unknown. At and unknown date it was acquired by Stirlingshire Brickworks Ltd, Jawcraig Brickworks, Near Slamman in Stirlingshire. It was sold about 1968 to Caledonian Peat Products Ltd, for use on their Gardrum Moss, near Falkirk, Stirlingshire. DealerAlan Keef Ltd of Ross-on-Wye, Herefordshire bought her in 5/1975 and hired her to the Ffestiniog Railway at Boston Lodge, Porthmadog. She returned off-hire about 1976 and Alan Keef Ltd sold her to enthusiast Rich Morris, of Pen-yr-Orsedd, Gwynedd in 7/1976. He moved her to his Narrow Gauge Railway Centre at Gloddfa Ganol, Blaenau Ffestiniog, Gwynedd, by 1/1979
In 1/1980 she moved to the South Tynedale Railway, Alston, Cumbria, where she was named 2 AYLE. Bob Cant bought her for his Slaggyford Light Railway in Cumbria in 11/1991. When that line closed, she moved with her sister Hunslet 2577 to Marley Hill in 7/2001.
26 December 2017