BROMBOROUGH No.2, built in Robert Stephenson and Hawthorns Newcastle Works, was ex-works as RSH No.7746 on 8th February 1954.
As RSH 7746, she was delivered to the British Electricity Authority, Bromborough Generating Station, Cheshire, where she was named BROMBOROUGH No.2. She was one of 2 similar locos here and her later owners here were the Central Electricity Authority and the Central Electricity Generating Board.
She moved to CEGB Agecroft Power Station, Lancashire in November 1961 and to CEGB, Whitekirk Power Station, Blackburn, Lancs in July 1963. In 1967 she moved to CEGB, Carrington Power Station, Partington, Lancashire, where there were now 3 locos to this design.
The National Railway Museum, York acquired No.2 for the National Collection in August 1980 and she was first sent for storage at the Ministry of Defence, Kineton, Warwickshire by November 1995. She moved to Marley Hill in November 2005, carrying a faded orange livery. No.2 has not seen use her, but recieved a cosmetic overhaul; now repainted dark blue, she can be found in the 5-road shed.
26 December 2017