As CITY OF ABERDEEN, BH No.912 was sent to the Corporation of Aberdeen Gas Department, Aberdeen Works, Aberdeenshire. As she had to work along public roads in the docks, she was fitted with tramway skirts, enclosing her outside valve gear. The Scottish Gas Board took over the works in May 1949 and British Gas Corporation, Scottish Region in December 1972.
CITY OF ABERDEEN was first preserved at the Gasworks, before moving to the Scottish Railway Preservation Society′s (SRPS) Falkirk Depot, Stirlingshire in July 1977.
By January 1989 CITY OF ABERDEEN had moved to the SRPS′s site at Bo′ness, Lothian and on 4th May 2006, she arrived at Marley Hill, where she is stored in the five road shed, alongside sister locomotive WELLINGTON, both of which can be viewed on Special Event days and on request.
26 December 2017