Sign up to our e-newsletter and keep up to date with news, events and developments at the Tanfield Railway, the World’s Oldest Railway.
E10, Siemens, Works No.862
E 10 is a 4wWE and was built by Siemens in 1913. She has works number 862 and is a 100hp loco, weighing 14 1/2 tons. New to the Harton Coal Co Ltd, Harton Railway, Westoe Colliery, South Shields, she served under the NCB and British Coal on the Harton electric system.
Before the system finally closed in 1988, she was sold to scrap merchant L Marley, who resold her to the West Yorkshire Transport Museum Trust. In 6/1985 they moved her to the former BR Hammerton Street depot in Bradford and in 7/1989 to the West Yorkshire Transport Museum, Bradford.
She moved to Marley Hill in 6/1995 and can be found in the five road shed, painted in green livery.
Status: Restored, Stored in 5-Road Shed
21 October 2018