A sister engine to E10 on the Harton electric system was E9, later No.9, a 4w-4wWE built by AEG in Berlin, Germany in 1913. She was a 244hp loco, weighing 20 Tons and carrying works number 1565. E9 was ex-works on 24/7/1913 to the Harton Coal Co Ltd and also served under the NCB and British Coal.
She moved to Marley Hill on 23/4/1988 and can be found in the yard, painted in blue livery.
Photo: E9 being delivered to Marley Hill
25 March 2018