DM 1170 was ex-works on 7/3/1960 to Dawdon Colliery, Seaham, where she carried the NCB plant number 2210/266. In 5/1982 she was sent to Ashington Central Workshops for overhaul, returning in 6/1983.
In 10/1993 she returned to Ashington for a further overhaul, but was moved to British Coal′s Tursdale Central Workshops, near Bowburn in 5/1994. In 7/1994 this was privatised as Tursdale Engineering Ltd and the loco moved to Marley Hill in 4/1995.
26 December 2017